May 4, 2018

Happy Mothers Day

Mosaic Cards
Hello everyone, hope you are having a delightful Spring!  Mothers Day is just around the corner and I wanted to share two cards using a mosaic technique, also known as paper puzzling.  I taught a similar design at the Anna Griffin Create event several years ago, it takes a few minutes to do, but well worth the effort.
Basically, you cut multiple colors of papers (in this case pastel metallics and pearls), KEEP ALL THE CUT OUT PIECES in separate little piles.  If you have a 2-part die set with a base shape, diecut your paper and run through a Xyron to make it sticker back - NOTE - make sure the Xyron side will be face up when finished so the flower frame and parts will be stuck down in the correct position. Peel paper backing off the base shape with the design frame, then re-assemble the design pieces into the frame (just like a puzzle) to the sticky back side. The completed designs are then mounted on cards with 1/4" foam squares.  The "Mom" word die, curly ques and bow are from one of Anna's earlier Spring sets, the 2017 word dies would be beautiful as well.  Experiment and enjoy, above all, have a wonderful Mothers Day!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Kay. You reminded me to reuse this technique, for me! Thanks for posting.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kay! Thank you for this mosaic inspiration! I have 3 Mother’s Day cards to make this year for my in-laws. I’ve only made one so far, using your technique. I used colors close to yours as well. Sorry, I could not post a photo for you but I might post on Anna’s site. Hope you are teaching again at Create 4; I really look forward to your workshops. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are FABULOUS! You are a very inspiring instructor. See you at Create and I am seriously considering the cruise. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete